Saturday, March 12, 2011

Show Me Your Glory (Exodus 33:18-23)

It’s all I want, It’s what I need…

And he said, “Please, show me Your glory.”   

 Picture 025

Then He said, “I will make all My goodness pass before you, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before you. I will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”

But He said, “You cannot see My face; for no man shall see Me, and live.” And the LORD said, “Here is a place by Me, and you shall stand on the rock.  So it shall be, while My glory passes by, that I will put you in the cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by. Then I will take away My hand, and you shall see My back; but My face shall not be seen.”

How many times have you asked the Lord this very thing? Jesus, show me your glory, Show me your power, show me your awesome presence…We ask it all the time, and He shows it to us over and over again. 

How many times have you asked God to show you his glory. Do you ever feel tired of asking for His glory cause You think “Oh God must be tired of hearing the same request over and over again.”

That is not true, and don’t even think that anymore. God will never tire of showing you how awesome and wonderful He is. It isn’t a burden to Him. He loves it.

Look at it this way. This is a picture God gave me. Picture something in your life that you are extremely passionate about. Something you love to talk about and tell others about. It could be a gift or talent you have or something you just figured out or received from someone.

What do you want to do with such a gift? You want to tell all you see. You want to share your treasure with others. It would never be a burden to you to speak of it over and over. To give someone. time and again. People may think, “Oh I can’t ask her/him again, they’ve shown me a thousand times. But they can cause it’s something you love to talk about! For God to reveal his awesome glory to you it’s not a burden. You have just to ask. Seek for it and you shall find.

Moses asked to see God’s Glory and just look what happened! When God was through the impact was significant. People couldn’t look at his face they were so scared. When the see the Glory of God in your life it will be so evident to others. Some may be scared and some may question it but people will be seeing God’s glory. Maybe even for the first time.

Moses had to wear a veil over his face because his face was shining so bright. If you want opportunities to share Jesus with others, get in to God’s presence every day. Ask Him to show you his glory every day and watch the wonderful things that come from that. Only good can come from it.

Just keep asking over and over: It’s what He wants, It’s all He wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment