Thursday, May 31, 2012

Out of Our Hands

I was browsing YouTube one evening before crawling in to bed and I literally stumbled across this song. I had never heard it and it was written by someone I had really grown to like so I clicked on it and…WOW! It was an amazing song! I could write more but to be honest I am at a loss for words. With everything that I have been thinking about and praying about…this song was the answer for so many of those things.

There are four things that have been the subjects of my prayers lately:

1) Healing for Jessica, she is recovering, but she still needs lots of prayer and we need to persevere and keep praying until we see her rise and walk out of that hospital. This situation may be out of our hands but she is in God’s hands and that is the best place for her to be. That is why we pray!

Ephesians 3:20

“Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think. Glory to him in the church and in Christ Jesus through all generations forever and ever! Amen!” (NLT)

2) My cousin Sheleta and my entire family. I won’t go in to too many details but I have been praying intensely for divine wisdom and revelation. Jesus, I pray for my family that even when we can do nothing else that we would be able to stand against the wiles of the devil, against all assumptions others are spreading against us, and against anything the devil continues to throw our way. Help us to STAND!

“A final word: Be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on all of God’s armour so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil. For we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. Therefore, put on every piece of God’s armour so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.” (NLT)

3) I have really been praying for my friend Chelsey that she would know her creator and redeemer and that she would come to accept the free gift that he has offered her. That she would live up to all he has called her to be. I know that calling is higher than what she is living right now because of this verse, God has given me, to speak and pray over her life. She is chosen by God and I pray earnestly for the day she finally comes to accept all that God has given her…AMEN!

“Go, for Saul is my chosen vessel to take my message to all the Gentiles and to kings, as well as to the people of Israel. And I will show him how much he must suffer for my name’s sake.”

4) Lastly, I have really been praying and seeking God over my future. In some ways I think I have it all figured out, but I also know that God has so much more planned. He has given me dreams and desires I can’t even begin to explain. I went to a conference in March and one of the speakers said something that I can’t get out of my mind. He said, “If your dreams don’t scare you, you aren’t dreaming big enough” The dreams he has given me…they scare me. They scare me ALOT! This really confirmed a lot and this really confirmed that these things were from God. Now I pray that he shows me how to move forward with these dreams and that he shows me how to see these things happen. I’m scared…but it is really out of my hands. It’s his calling for my life…I’m not about to stand in the way of what he wants to see happen no matter if I’m scared and no matter if I think I wouldn’t be good at these things. There probably is a better person out there to do the things he wants me to do but he wants me. This is my life verse, it seems to fit no matter what I am going through, praying for, or thinking about.

Philippians 4:4-9

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.” (NIV)

 

Join with me and pray for these people. They may be out of our hands but they are in God’s hands…and that is the best place for them to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment