Saturday, January 29, 2011

“Aslan is On the Move!”

 

There is a famous quote from one of my most favourite stories. It’s a classic really. “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe” is an amazing story with so many truths and parallels about our walks with Jesus and what He did for us all. Perhaps you read the title of this blog with this book in mind. It’s a quote from this most beloved story, and I find it most appropriate for these present days. “Aslan is on the move!” Jesus is beginning to work, stirring something up, something different and wonderful.

Isaiah 45:21-25

For there is no other God but me, a righteous God and Saviour, There is none but me.

Let all the world look to me for salvation!

For I am God there is no other.

O have sworn by my own name; I have spoken the truth, and I will never go back on my word:

every knee will bend to me,

and every tongue will confess allegiance to me .

The people will declare,

“The Lord is the source of all my righteousness and strength.”

And all who were angry with him will come to Him and be ashamed.

In the Lord all the generations of Israel will be justified, and in Him they will boast.

What an amazing promise we can hold on too. This is God saying this, Himself! He is God and there is no other! He is righteous and He is my saviour. We look to Him for salvation!

We pray for our loved ones that they may come to accept God’s gift of salvation. We pray fervently and persistently and faithfully.

This month, the major focus at my church is “The Lost:” those who don’t know who Jesus is or just can’t seem to accept what He did for them. It is sad, really. It’s Disappointing  to tell someone an hilarious joke only to have them just stare back at you like it was the most ridiculous thing you have ever said, even though you know it just changed your life having heard it.

Yes this may seem pretty extreme but it’s true! Jesus changed my life! why am I holding this wonderful news back from people? Why am I not shouting it loud for all to hear? I know that when I have an awesome secret that I am told not to share, it takes all my strength to hold it in. Yet this news is no secret. I have been given permission, and even commanded, to share it with all i know and then some. So why do I hold it back? Why, when I know that this secret, this huge news of mine WILL save lives?

Jesus break my heart for what breaks yours, everything I am for your kingdom’s cause! Jesus break my heart for what breaks yours! break my heart! break my heart! break my heart! I want to have that compassion you have for people, I want to see people for how you see them…lost and broken…but with out hope! You are there hope, Jesus, but how should they ever know this if no one tells them the simple truth?

Jesus, I pray right now for the people on my heart. For my friends and there families, that they may not live in darkness any longer. I pray for boldness and courage over the church of Langley, that we all may have greater faith for the unsaved. I pray for the city of Langley, that eyes may be opened and that You may begin to reveal yourself through us. Give us the strength we need to withstand the temptations to “conform to the world” let us be set apart, salt and light, to our city. Let us be carriers of your Kingdom, that in all we may do that we would seek your Kingdom first. Don’t let us rest until our work is done. Take away any fear that may be holding us back from saying what needs to be said. Replace it with power, with love and with a sound mind. Thank you, Jesus for your grace and love that you so unconditionally offer us. We want to see lives changed!

Your will be done today, on earth as it is in Heaven….

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment