Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Your Will Be Done

 

I recently finished a story. It’s the story about a girl named Mary. A story of impossibilities. One girl who was living for God. Her eyes were focused on her maker and because of this God chose her for a divine purpose. Although most people don’t see it this way, it’s true. I like to think that this could be my story too.

Right now I am in that place of trying to figure out God’s will for my life. I have dreams and goals, but the trick is to discern my dreams from God’s dreams and then match my dreams to His cause He has a plan for my life. It is the ultimate plan and the best plan.

Yes I want God to use me. I want to be used by Him in big ways. I wonder if Mary ever thought about this. Chances are she did cause I like to think she was not that much different from me. I’m sure she had dreams and goals for her life as well. Sometimes when we dream God invades our life and focuses us on an entire new path. He knows what our dreams are and what we want so we don’t have to worry that he will put us somewhere we would hate. He knows what I would like better than I do. Even when I feel all mixed up and lost I can look to Him cause I know that my God is never lost or confused.

This is the ending to the short story I have just completed. It is part of a collection of short stories I am writing based on Ecclesiastes 3. This particular one is written to describe the verse “A time to be born and a time to die”  and it is entitled “Impossibilities”

As you read this, put yourself in her shoes. A young girl that God used. God changed her plans drastically and she was still able to say “Your will be done, my Lord"

She thought back to the night her precious son was born. She had held his tiny fingers. Such tiny hands they were…she had no idea what those tiny hands she held would be capable of. She had no idea that those tiny hands held power to heal the sick and lame; That those tiny little feet would carry her son so far, on water and land, to teach of His father’s ways; that his beautiful eyes would see beyond a person’s outward appearance straight in to their heart. And every time she heard her son’s cries she never knew the tears he would shed as he died for the world that he so loved.

So much power Her Lord has power enough to conquer death. Power so great, that nothing, absolutely nothing, was impossible for Him, no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment