Saturday, June 26, 2010

I Had A Dream...

But the Lord said to him, “Go, for he is a chosen vessel of Mine to bear My name before Gentiles, kings, and the children of Israel.


I woke up this morning a little dissapointed. Though I was dissapointed, I couldn't help but feel some joy.

I had a dream last night. The dream itself didn't seem to have much point but to entertain my sleeping brain. The setting was weird. I was with some of my best friends. One particular friend was there. There was something different about this particular friend that sets her apart from my other friends.

I have been praying for my friend Chelsey for many years. I began when I was twelve years old. I admit my faith has grown as my friendship with her has grown. And although she may not know it, she has taught me a great many things, rather God has through her.

In my dream I saw a few of my friends praying with her. She was saying that saving prayer I said many years ago. She was saying those words a great deal of my friends had prayed. She was saying those words I have prayed for seven years she would utter.

In my dream I hadn't realized just what she was doing. I was not included among the group. I was merely a spectator. When she finshed praying she left my group of friends and ran over to me to tell me her news. I replied with tears of joy. well, it was more like i was bawling, weeping, but joyfully. I was sad to have missed such a joyful experience but somehow that didn't matter, because Chelsey had come to me for the next step.

One day I hope to share my thoughts and feelings with her that I am able to share with some of my other friends. One day I pray we will be able to speak to each other of what God is doing in our lives, and the world around us.

This dream made me realize two things, though I have prayed for seven years for my friend:
1.) I should never give up on her. God has a plan for her life and just maybe he wants to use me to help fullfill it. I have prayed that God may use me. Maybe this is one way he wants to do that.
2.)I may not be the one to say the prayer with her but I need to be ready to desciple her when she does say the prayer. I need to be ready to invite her to church, give her a Bible, whatever she needs to begin her journey.

I may not know when this will happen, but I woke up this morning with a new hope. Jesus has a plan for everyone. He knows everything. And he knows just when his children will choose to enter his kingdom of light.

The verse written above is a verse God gave to me for my friend. A prophetic word for her life. Later I looked up the meaning of Chelsey's name. Meaning: "Port of ships or vessle" I just stared at the screen completely in awe of my king...

No comments:

Post a Comment