Saturday, June 5, 2010

I Surrender

Always be joyful. Never stop praying. Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.<blockquote>

Always
He will Always be faithful to us,
he will Always stay true,
He will always protect and guide us,
He will Always be there to talk,
That word sums of God in more ways then one...
I got this picture today in prayer and it spoke volumes to me.

I say a parent and a child standing face to face. The child had stuffed his pockets full of candies. The parent stood in front of him holding a jar, telling the child to surrender all the candies. The child starts pulling candy out of his pockets and throwing them in the jar. Once he got to the last few he pretended that was all, not fooling his Dad. His Dad looked at him and asked "Are you sure that is all" Guiltily the boy pulls out the remaining candies and reluctantly throws them in the now full jar. The Dad pulls the lid out and screws it tightly on the jar before putting it on a high shelf safe from little eager hands.
"I will keep this safe for you. You may have one at a time, when I say. Trust me that I know what I am doing. Trust me that my timing is right. If I gave these all to you now, you would surely get sick."
Of course the little boy was still not too sure what he had done, but he listened to his father anyways.

That is what I heard from God. I am in the middle of figuring out my life, having just graduated from Highschool and Bible college. God is teaching me total surrender. To give all my hopes and dreams to him as the boy gave his candies to his father. God will take care of them for me. He knows when i will need what. He told me that though I may only get one at a time, despite my cries for more, it was what was best for me cause to receive all the plans at once would just overwhelm me. He knows what is best and that his timing is best...The trick is to trust than...and to surrender it all to him...Such a hard thing to do but I really believe it will be worth it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment